ISRAEL AND JORDAN: MARCH 26, 2019...anyone else going?

We are booked on the Israel & Jordan Trip starting on March 26, 2019. Would like to chat with others on this trip. Please post if you will be joining us!

Comments

• We are on the waiting list for this trip. We are from California. Will be our 2nd trip with Tauck. Where are you from?
  • edited February 2019
    We went on this trip this past October 2018 and it was a fantastic trip. We loved every minute but be prepared to walk. Our TD said the tour was 39 miles of walking not counting what you do on your own. That's a good thing because of all the great food you will eat and have to walk off. If you have any questions just ask.

This is my review of the trip which has not been posted to the TAUCK website because they are creating a new website:

Trip: Israel and Jordan | Travel Date: October 2018 Posted on: 11/9/2018 This trip was outstanding. To see and visit places in person that you have read about or have only seen on television was incredible. The trip was well planned and the TD and all the other guides used throughout the trip were great. It was a true history lesson that only makes one want to learn more about this ancient world. Most memorable moment: It has to be the Church of the Nativity in Bethlehem and seeing the Grotto of the Nativity where Jesus is thought to have been born. The boat ride on the Sea of Galilee was also a most memorable event.
  • My husband and I are booked on the trip starting March 26 and we can't wait! This will be our second Tauck trip. Our home is on Hilton Head Island in South Carolina.
  • Amyrena: Glad to hear from others who are on the same trip! We are arriving on the 24th in Tel Aviv and this is our 4th Tauck trip. This is our first trip to Israel/Jordan and we too are very excited. Welcome to our little group!
  • We are on the waiting list for this trip. We are from California. Will be our 2nd trip with Tauck. Where are you from?
  • We are booked on the Israel & Jordan Trip starting on March 26, 2019. Would like to chat with others on this trip. Please post if you will be joining us!

M wife and I along with 5 other family members and friends will be on this trip. We are trying to learn as much about the history of this area (complicated) before we depart.

This is our third Tauck trip. We are excited about it. We live in Columbia SC.

We arrive 3/24.
  • Seems like a number of people are arriving on the 24th including us. We are coming a few days early to see some family members. It will also be nice to have time to adjust to the jet lag before the sightseeing begins. It will be a long day of travel starting out in Savannah GA.

Anybody have suggestions for a good walking shoe for the trip?
  • Amyrena wrote:
    Seems like a number of people are arriving on the 24th including us. We are coming a few days early to see some family members. It will also be nice to have time to adjust to the jet lag before the sightseeing begins. It will be a long day of travel starting out in Savannah GA.

Anybody have suggestions for a good walking shoe for the trip?

We are also arriving on the 24th. (from Virginia) & I just bought a good walking shoe from The Walking Company.
  • The CDC is recommending that most travelers to Israel receive the Hepatitis A Vaccine and travelers to Jordan receive the Typhoid Vaccine. Have others on this trip received these vaccinations?
  • edited February 2019
    The CDC is recommending that most travelers to Israel receive the Hepatitis A Vaccine and travelers to Jordan receive the Typhoid Vaccine. Have others on this trip received these vaccinations?

We got those shots and many other shots for our July 2018 African trip so we already had them for our October 2018 Israel trip. Jordan is less developed then Israel so I'd definitely recommend getting the Typhoid. Although it is unrelated, probably a third of our group got the GI blues the last few days in Jordan. Having said that, our philosophy has always been to get the shots, especially if CDC recommends them and you will be going on other TAUCK trips. Why take a risk?
  • Virginia Travelers: Do you know if Medicare covers the Hepatitis A & Typhoid Vaccinations? I am having a difficult time trying to find out who covers these. We don't want to take a risk when travelling.
  • edited February 2019
    Virginia Travelers: Do you know if Medicare covers the Hepatitis A & Typhoid Vaccinations? I am having a difficult time trying to find out who covers these. We don't want to take a risk when travelling.

I'm sorry but I don't have an answer. We have Medicare and Blue Cross. We got all our shots at the local Giant (food store) Pharmacy. We just tell them when we are coming in, ask them if the vaccine is available, get the shot, they run it in their system, and in all cases we've never had to pay. So I don't know if Medicare or Blue Cross paid for the shots. I see that you live in Virginia. If there is a Giant or other Food store with a pharmacy I'd just pay them a visit and ask. Keep in mind that both Hep A and Hep B (which we got for Africa) have the initial vaccine and a second booster given in certain time periods. By the way, you are going to love the trip. It was fantastic!
  • Thanks! I appreciate you responding to my posting...you have been very helpful!
  • edited February 2019
    Amyrena wrote:
    My husband and I are booked on the trip starting March 26 and we can't wait! This will be our second Tauck trip. Our home is on Hilton Head Island in South Carolina.

My husband and I also live in Hilton Head, SC and will be on this trip as well.
  • Thanks! I appreciate you responding to my posting...you have been very helpful!

Glad to help. Enjoy the trip!
  • Virginia Travelers: Do you remember what the attire was for the farewell Bedouin dinner?
  • We are considering doing the Tauck Israel/Jordan trip in 2020. Any thoughts, comments, suggestions from those of you who have done this trip? Thanks in advance.

• JAY, try starting a new thread such as Have you taken the Israel Jordan tour, any comments? I haven’t done this one. maybe soon

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file