Options

SWITZERLAND: EUROPE'S CROWN JEWEL - SEPTEMBER 1, 2017

My husband and I are on this tour and would love to chat with others on the same trip. We are arriving the day before in Montreaux. Is anyone else joining us?

Comments

• Options
    On Switzerland Crown Jewel tour Sept. 1, 2017 from Sonoma County (wine country), California. Staying Royal Plaza Hotel Montreux Aug. 31 to rest from San Francisco, CA. Jack and Eileen
  • Options
    Hi Jack and Eileen! We are arriving on Aug. 31 and staying at the Royal Plaza Hotel in Montreux. We are in the process of planning what to do on the 31st & the 1st. Looking into a boat ride on Lake Geneva and possibly visiting one of the small villages around the lake for lunch. We also want to spend some time in Montreux. Trying to decide if we should take a train ride to one of the wineries. Decisions, decisions, so much to see in a short time in Montreux. Do you have any plans in Montreux? We are hoping to get some sleep on our east coast flight to Geneva or our plans may have to altered when we arrive! Would love to chat with you and others on our tour.
  • Options
    Hi Jack & Eileen (CA) and East Coast folks. We are also on the same trip and arriving 31st day early. We have done nothing (yet) to figure out what to do the 31st and 1st. So welcome your efforts and thoughts. We are Bob & Shirley from Cape Cod (flying Swiss Air from Boston arriving Geneva at 7:45 AM on 31st). I don't look at these forms all that often so I will take a gamble and add our email rrstolte@aol.com. Looking forward to the Switzerland scenery and meeting fellow Tauck travelers (this is our 13th Tauck Tour).
  • Options
    Hello Bob & Shirley and Jack & Eileen. We are also flying on Swiss Air and arriving in Geneva on the 31st at 9:15 AM from JFK. It looks like we will be taking boat rides on both Lake Geneva and Lake Lucerne and stopping at a village or two the day before and after the tour begins. Now, we need to decide where to get off and wander a bit! Trying not to get too exhausted before our tour begins! If anyone is interested in joining us on the boat rides, please let us know. We are Cheryl & Dennis and looking forward to meeting others in our group.
  • Options
    Hello! My sister and I are on this tour as well and are also coming in a day early to get acclimated before the tour starts. We are also looking into boat rides on Lake Geneva, but specifically want to make sure it goes by Vevey. Are you considering doing this on 9/1 before the welcome dinner or on the 31st when you arrive? We are happy to share what we come up with and are looking forward to the tour and meeting our fellow travelers. :) Christa & Vickie Gordon from Cleveland, OH.
  • Options
    Hello Christa & Vickie! Welcome to our group. We are planning on taking the boat ride on 8/31, but as of now we aren't sure where we want to get off. Would love to hear any information you have researched about the boat rides, but we are probably going to keep it a low key day after our long flight. Keep in touch.
    Cheryl
  • Options
    From Jack & Eileen, California
    It looks like many are interested in a boat trip on Lake Geneva and that would be fine with us.
    I do wish we could see a bit of Geneva (United Nations bldg., etc.)
    Trains Montreux to Geneva: 2 hours each way on Rail Europe. Fare RT $72 USD per person.
    Wineries are not a goal for us: Sonoma County, CA. where we live has 425 wineries and 758,000 acres of vineyards. We do our best to consume however.
    Our tour does visit the Chateau de Chillon on Lake Geneva, which is only 4 minutes from Montreaux per Google.
    We arrive GVA about 4:00 p.m. so it may be 5:00 before we get to the hotel. Would love to have dinner with several of you. Feel free to email at francejr@sbcglobal.net to coordinate further. Best Wishes.
  • Options
    Hi Everyone - regarding Montreux, I read this on a previous post from Buzz48:

"The hotel is right on the lake and a ten minute walk along the lake towards town center will take you to the boat dock. The lake cruise has a lunch and great scenery. The hotel can set you up or you can just purchase walk-up tickets at the dock. There are several occasions on the Crown Jewel tour where you have free time and can take lunch time lake cruises. The food was not bad either!"

Also, here's the website for a boat service that goes to different places at different times: http://www.cgn.ch/

Only 3 weeks away - looking forward to it!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file